The Rise and Rise of Armstrong Creek
Armstrong Creek has established itself as one of the largest growth areas in the country and shows no signs of slowing down.
In light of the substantial population growth Victoria has experienced in the last ten years, Armstrong Creek has become the epicentre of expansion in the Greater Geelong area. With the population set to rise to over 55,000 people, the access to infrastructure and amenities to sustain such population growth has been paramount to the area’s development. We have included a snapshot of what the Armstrong Creek area has to offer and better yet, what is still to come.
- • Armstrong Creek already boasts a broad range of accessible leisure, retail and education options right on your doorstep. The Village shopping precinct offers a Woolworths, McDonalds, 7-11, a specialised medical practice, a dental practice, a well-appointed gym and ambient café options such as Sullie’s Café and Warralily Cockatoo.
- • Armstrong Creek School opened its doors to primary students in the first term of this year and will welcome secondary students shortly. Early education is also well represented with Eclipse Early Education Group a mere 2-minute drive from the Anchoridge community.
- • Town & Country Pizza and Pasta, Peppered Goat Café and The Slippery Mackerel are just some of the dining options available to Armstrong Creek locals with more establishments on the horizon.
- • Staying active is important and the Armstrong Creek community provides plenty of options to stay fit and healthy for all age groups. Walking tracks, lush green parks, sporting precincts and adventure playgrounds ensure that the whole family can get outdoors this spring and summer.
Current Infrastructure & Amenities
- What is currently offered in the Armstrong Creek community is only a sample size of what is eventually to come. The value of properties in the region has increased steadily with the introduction of new infrastructure and is expected to continue to do so in the future with the introduction of:
- • More specialised and varied retail options in The Village shopping centre
- • A developed sporting precinct in Armstrong Creek to complement the abundance of options already available to residents.
- • The proposed Kingswim Centre.
- • Increased early childhood, primary and secondary education options through the region.
- • Community complexes and future commercial developments to complement existing infrastructure.
- • Aldi Shopping Centre
- • YMCA’s Lincoln on the Bellarine Retirement Living
- • Armstrong Creek East Children and Community Centre • Bluebird Early Learning Centre
What is Still to Come
- While Armstrong Creek is quickly becoming a hive of activity and growth, it sits at the centre of the established Geelong, Bellarine and Surf Coast regions that play host to:
- • The iconic 13th Beach and Barwon Heads Beach only a short 7-minute drive away.
- • Torquay and Eastern beaches less than 20 minutes’ drive from your doorstep.
- • Central Geelong’s Westfield and Market Square shopping centres as well as the picturesque waterfront precinct offer fashion, retail, dining and entertainment options any day of the week.
- • Narana Aboriginal Cultural Centre & Cafe, offering an informative and moving look at the indigenous history behind our region.
- • An abundance of schooling options in early childhood, primary and secondary as well as Tertiary level. Deakin University and Gordon TAFE are both highly renowned and respected institutions for further education students in the area.
- • Public transport options are available in Armstrong Creek and will continue to flourish as the area grows, while Marshall and Waurn Ponds train stations are but a short drive away for Melbourne commuters.
- The Armstrong Creek development precinct continues to go from strength to strength with rising house prices, increased investment, growing infrastructure and population growth - who wouldn't want to be a part of that?
Amenities in the Local Area
For your chance to join the Armstrong Community, feel free to get in touch with the Community Manager at Anchoridge on 0427 308 543 or email email@example.com to find out how.